Skip navigation

no spam, unsubscribe anytime.
Skip navigation

Dog is saved by mouth-to-snout resuscitation

Firefighter Jamie Geise thought that the Labrador retriever his colleagues carried out of a burning house recently was dead, but used the only medical procedure he could think of to try to save it - mouth-to-snout resuscitation, MSNBC reports.

The dog's owner, Kim Carlson, watched as her dog came back to life after it had inhaled a massive amount of smoke.

"I have never been trained in that," Giese told Matt Lauer on the Today Show on Friday. "I've seen it on TV and pictures in the newspapers and things like that. We thought [the dog] was dead. We could tell he was trying to breathe, and our training for humans is airway, breathing, circulation. We had no tools handy, so it was mouth-to-snout."

The dog was successfully revived and was given a human oxygen mask. It was treated at a nearby animal hospital in Wasau, Wisconsin, and was breathing normally after advanced medical treatments, the news source reports.

The Huffington Post reports that the fire was allegedly started by a malfunctioning box fan and caused about $30,000 in damage. 
Only Speaking To My Pet Hooded Sweatshirt
Share this page and help fund food & care: